- How To Tell My Ip Address
- How To Tell If My Ip Address Is Hidden
- How To Find Someone Else's Ip Address
- List All Ip On Network
It is important to know your printerâ€™s IP address if you want to connect it to your network or troubleshoot any problems. Your printerâ€™s IP address is kind of like its street addresses. Without it, you canâ€™t send your printer any print jobs or give it any other commands. Here’s how to find your printer’s IP address on a Mac or Windows PC.
How To Find Your Printerâ€™s IP Address From Your Router
Find your printer’s IP address on a Mac 1. Open System Preferences from the dock or by clicking on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen. There is no method of associating an exact physical geographical address or the computer associated with an IP address available to an end-user. If you need to report abuse by a person behind an IP address, contact local authorities or the ISP who's in control of that IP address.
- Your IP address is shown as your IPv4 address in the command output.
- Tracing an IP address is a good way to find out where your data packets are going. It’ll give you the IP addresses of each device connected to your computer, which you can then use to get.
- Your ISP should always be able to change your IP address upon request through the duration it takes for the change to take effect can differ. This method is more secure than using either a mobile or public network; however, if someone can find an IP address once, they can most likely do it again.
It doesnâ€™t matter if you are using aMac or a PC, you can find your printerâ€™s IP address by accessing yourrouter.
- Type your routerâ€™s local IP address into the address bar of any web browser.
- Enter your username and password.
- Your printerâ€™s IP address will be under the list of devices connected to the network.
Note: The information will be listed differently depending on your routerâ€™s set-up page. Check for words like network map, connected device list, network topology, or other similar terms.
How To Find Your Printerâ€™s IP address in Windows 10
There are a couple of ways to printyour IP address from a Windows 10 desktop or laptop. The easiest way is byfinding it in the Control Panel. Hereâ€™s how:
- Type â€œcontrol panelâ€ in the search box. This is the button with the magnifying glass near the Start menu in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on a printer and select Properties.
- Select the Web Services tab. The IP address should be located at the bottom of Device Information and Troubleshooting Information panels.
If you canâ€™t find your printer in the control panel, you can do a more intensive search by using the Command Prompt. Jetbrains pycharm community edition. Hereâ€™s how:
How To Find Your Printerâ€™s IP Address with Command Prompt
- Type cmd in the search box near the Start menu.
- Type ipconfig in the command line, then press Enter.
- Find your IPv4 address.
- In a new command line type ping followed by a space and then your IPv4 address.
- Then hit Enter.
- After the results load, type arp -a and hit Enter. All dynamic and static connections using the IPv4 address will load.
Note: If you know your printerâ€™s MAC address or physical address, the internet address which appears beside it will be your printerâ€™s IP address. This 12-digit number can be usually found on the printer or in the printerâ€™s manual.
- Open any web browser. You can use Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or any other web browser of your choice.
- Copy-paste the dynamic IP address that you got from the arp command. If many addresses appear, paste each address on a different tab.
- If the IP opens a printer setup page, that would be your printerâ€™s IP address. The webpage will have the manufacturerâ€™s logo and will display printer information, like the printer status and how much ink you have.
How To Find Your Printerâ€™s IP Address on a Mac
There are two easy ways for you tofind your printer IP address on your Mac desktop or laptop. First, you can findit under System Preferences. You could also find it online using Common UnixPrinting System (CUPS), an open-source printing system for Apple and UNIXdevices.
How To Find Your Printerâ€™s IP Address from System Preferences
- Open System Preferences. You can find this in your dock or by going to the Apple logo in the top-left corner of your screen and selecting System Preferences.
- Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Select a printer from the left column. If you have more than one printer in your network, they will be displayed in a list on the right-hand side of the Print & Scan menu.
- Your printerâ€™s IP address will be under Location.
How To Find Your Printerâ€™s IP Address Using the CUPS Webpage
- Open your Applications folder.
- Then open Utilities.
- Next, open Terminal.
- Type cupsctl WebInterface=yes and press Enter on your keyboard. The CUPS web interface will be enabled.
- Open Safari.
- Type localhost:631/printers into the address bar.
- Your printerâ€™s IP address will be in the Location column.
How To Tell My Ip Address
Now that you know how to find your printerâ€™s IP address, the next step is to learn how to add your printer on Mac or Windows 10 desktop or laptop.
How to Find Your Printerâ€™s IP Address Fromthe Network Configuration Page
Almost all printers can print out anetwork configuration page, which will include the printerâ€™s IP address.
If your printer has a user interface(UI) display, the configuration page can generally be printed by going to theSettings or Setup page. Again, the exact steps will vary for differentprinter makes and models.
For example, on an HP LaserJet ProM1212n, you would need to go to the Set-up > Reports > Reports Demo Page >Config Report to print the configuration page.
On the other hand, for CanonimageRUNNER printers, you would need to go to the Main Menu > Settings > Preferences> Network to print out a report. Check your device manual on the exact stepsto follow.
How To Tell If My Ip Address Is Hidden
For models without a user interface display, you will need to press and hold a certain button (usually this button is labeled as Power, Go, or in some cases, the Wi-Fi button) for five to 10 seconds to print a configuration page. Itâ€™s best to check the printer manual on how you can do this.
Now that you know how to find your printerâ€™s IP address, the next step is to learn how to add your printer on Mac or Windows 10 computer.