Bridges First Edition Lessons & Activities, Grades 2
Select a Grade
For second grade, 11 of 17 supplements sets are correlated to the Common Core State Standards. For two-way mapping of supplements to standards download the Grade 2 Correlations.
GSE Understanding Place Value. Unit 5 Mathematics 5GSE First Grade Unit: Understanding Place Value Richard Woods, State School Superintendent. Jun 13, 2020 They will gain a better understanding of number concepts and will expand their math abilities. The specific goals for a first-grade class can vary a bit from state to state and from school to school, but there are some general expectations.
Estimation & Mental Math. Use mental math strategies to add and subtract. Identify $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills. Count and make combinations of coins and bills. Compare money amounts. Use the dollar sign and decimal point. Solve addition and subtraction money problems. Fraction Concepts, Operations & Applications. The materials the Math Collective has developed over the years are collected here, by grade. We are in the process of transferring our files to this space. Please let us know if you do not see what you are looking for yet. The comprehensive lesson plans outlined below provide a detailed list of the Time4Learning first grade math curriculum. Members often use this page as a resource for more detailed planning, as a guide to help select specific activities using the activity finder or to compare our curriculum with state standards and homeschooling laws.
- Activity 1: Time Tests
- Activity 2: A Second, a Minute or an Hour?
- Activity 3: How Long Does it Take?
- Activity 4: The Water Experiment
- Activity 5: Two Pounds of Apples
- Activity 6: A Quart of Ice Cubes
- Activity 1: Measuring Length in Teacher Feet
- Activity 2: Measuring Length in Giant Feet
- Activity 3: Head Strings
- Activity 4: Making Inchworm Rulers
- Activity 5: Estimate & Measure Inches
- Activity 6: From Feet to Yards
- Activity 7: Measuring in Yards
- Activity 8: How Long? How Tall?
- Activity 9: Exploring a Line Plot with Teacher Feet
- Activity 10: Making a Line Plot—Measuring Inches
- Activity 11: Day 1: Inch by Inch Line Plot—Creating the Inchworm Collage
- Activity 12: Day 2: Inch by Inch Line Plot—Measuring the Collage & Creating a Line Plot
- Independent Worksheet 1: Line Plot Practice
- Independent Worksheet 2: Line Plots
- Activity 1: How Long is An Army Ant?
- Activity 2: Estimate & Measure Centimeters
- Activity 3: One Hundred Army Ants & More
- Activity 1: Predict & Fill
- Activity 1: Shake, Tell & Record the Time
- Activity 2: Telling Time Concentration
- Independent Worksheet 1: Telling Time on Two Kinds of Clocks
- Independent Worksheet 2: Writing Time in Different Ways
- Independent Worksheet 3: A.M. or P.M.?
- Independent Worksheet 4: Willy Worm’s School Day
- Independent Worksheet 5: How Many?
- Activity 1: What’s the Temperature?
- Activity 2: How Does the Temperature Change During the Day?
- Activity 3: Forecast & Actual Temperatures on a Thermometer
- Activity 1: The Measuring Stick
- Activity 2: The Packing Box
- Activity 1: Sandwich Fractions
- Activity 2: Paper Pizzas
- Activity 3: Fraction Bingo
- Activity 1: Number Line Race to 10
- Activity 2: Number Line Showdown
- Activity 3: Unifix Train Fact Families
- Activity 4: Triangle Fact Families
- Activity 1: The Blue Square Game, Part 1
- Activity 2: The Blue Square Game, Part 2
- Independent Worksheet 1: Addition & Subtraction Puzzles
- Independent Worksheet 2: Missing Numbers
- Activity 1: The Pet Store
- Activity 1: Hundreds of Seeds
- Activity 2: Pick Up Sticks
- Activity 3: Place Value Triple Roll
- Activity 4: Target 700
- Activity 5: Four-Digit Shuffle
- Activity 6: Will the Real Value Please Stand Up?
- Independent Worksheet 1: Large Numbers
- Independent Worksheet 2: Thinking About Place value
- Activity 1: 52 Weeks, 365 Days
- Activity 2: Jump-a-Ten
- Activity 3: Jump-a-Hundred
- Activity 4: Modifying the Base Ten Bank
- Independent Worksheet 1: Different Ways to Look at the Same Number
- Activity 1: Dollar & Cents
- Activity 2: Three Spins to Win
- Independent Worksheet 1: Mr. Mole’s Money
- Activity 1: Mystery Numbers on a 101-200 Grid
- Activity 2: What’s My Number?
- Independent Worksheet 1: What’s Missing? 901-1,000
- Independent Worksheet 2: What’s Missing? 10-1,000
- Activity 1: Introducing the Language of Ordinal Numbers
- Activity 2: Grid Pictures
- Independent Worksheet 1: Alphabet Line-Up
- Independent Worksheet 2: Ordinal Numbers on the Calendar
- Independent Worksheet 3: Another Grid Picture
Old Unit 1 Agendasmrs. Colville's Math Class 9
Old Unit 1 Agendasmrs. Colville's Math Class 1
- Activity 1: Modeling the Standard Algorithm for Double-Digit Addition
- Activity 2: Recording the Standard Algorithm for Double-Digit Addition
- Activity 3: Introducing the Open Number Line
- Activity 4: Height & Length Problems
- Activity 5: Greatest Difference Wins
- Activity 6: Modeling the Standard Algorithm for Multi-Digit Subtraction
- Activity 7: Recording the Standard Algorithm for Double-Digit Subtraction
- Independent Worksheet 1: PJ Panda’s Regrouping Method for Addition
- Independent Worksheet 2: Adding with PJ Panda
- Independent Worksheet 3: More Panda Problems
- Independent Worksheet 4: PJ Panda’s Regrouping Method for Subtraction
- Independent Worksheet 5: Subtracting with PJ Panda
- Independent Worksheet 6: Check Your Answers with PJ
- Independent Worksheet 7: Addition & Subtraction Practice
- Independent Worksheet 8: Equations & Expressions
- Independent Worksheet 9: Combining Numbers to Make 100
Rich with scads of practice, the CCSS aligned printable 1st grade math worksheets with answer keys help kids solve addition and subtraction problems within 20, extend their counting sequence, understand place value and number systems, measure length and compare sizes, tell time, count money, represent and interpret data, and know the attributes of 2D and 3D shapes in geometry. Our free math worksheets for grade 1 kids give you a peek into what's in store!
Old Unit1 Agendasmrs. Colville's Math Class 11
The pictures in two groups present a fascinating array of addition equations for 1st grade kids. Count the pictures in the two groups separately, and then combine the two to find the total number.
Get the little hoppers to draw hops on the number lines in these printable grade 1 math worksheets and complete the subtraction equations involving numbers up to 10.
Old Unit1 Agendasmrs. Colville's Math Class 12
Develop pattern awareness in kids with this set of pdf worksheets. Study the pattern, identify the pattern's core or terms that repeat in the same order and make a logical prediction of what comes next.
Fluency with numbers is vital in first grade math. Task kids to look at the top of this printable chart, identify and read the numbers from 1 to 25 repeatedly, and copy them to complete the table.
Visualizing numbers is easy with place value blocks or base-10 blocks. Get kids to count the units and rods in the base-10 blocks and write the base-10 numerals.
Cracking these 1st grade math worksheet pdfs is a true measure of your place value skills. Compare 2-digit numbers using symbols in Part A. Circle the greater number in Part B, and the smaller number in Part C.
Arranging objects of three different sizes from the shortest to the longest, numbering them 1, 2, and 3 respectively, is all that is expected of grade 1 kids.
With these pdf math worksheets for grade 1 kids at your disposal, the time is ripe to practice reading clocks to tell the time in whole hours, and choosing the clock face that depicts the specified time.
Torrent dr house saison 8 vf. Develop skills in counting the dimes and expressing the amount in dollars, trading dimes for dollars, and converting between them in word problems with this compilation of first grade math worksheet pdfs.
Old Unit1 Agendasmrs. Colville's Math Class 1
Let's travel back in time and practice counting using tally marks. First grade kids have a blast reading and counting each set of tally marks and writing the value it represents.
Old Unit1 Agendasmrs. Colville's Math Class 2
Can the little architects of grade 1 distinguish between a rectangle and a square? Watch them recognize the two-dimensional figures and check the appropriate option that best describes each.
This stack of 1st grade math worksheets has pre-drawn hops on the number lines. The starting-point of the hops, and the number of hops are the two addends and the endpoint is the sum.
Examine the hops on the number line; identify the minuend, subtrahend, and the difference. Once this is done, completing the subtraction sentence is not a hard nut to crack!
Add a spark of fun with repeating picture patterns in this bundle of printable math worksheets for 1st grade kids. Comprehend the pattern, cut out the graphics and glue the one that comes next in order.
The crawling number snails get kids to instantly memorize numerals from 1 to 25. This show-and-tell chart comprising snails-shells inscribed with numbers is a compulsive-print.